FREE 30 days trial
Experience our products right now
- New Features
- Text rendering based on the latest improvements in the DirectWrite technology allow us to benefit from the advanced typography features of OpenType fonts and hardware accelerated text. This will significantly improve typography and display of characters in EZConvert and various images outputs.
- Project Settings in PAC and 890 modes are redesigned to exclude the no-longer necessary compatibility options.
- Ruby Alignment parameter is supported and will be exported in TTML2, IMSC 1.1 and all image-based formats. Ruby's alignment in all subtitles can be modified using Fix Subtitles.
- We’ve completely changed how the character per line value is calculated for Arabic, Thai, Hindi, etc. These scripts contain composite characters (characters with tone marks, top and bottom vowels, etc.) which now count as one character for all indicators and checks in EZConvert, including reading speed and duration calculations. This change is in line with the newest specifications from major broadcasters and streaming services and advancements in text editing applications.
- Background colors will now be displayed in Open/Native and Digital Cinema modes by setting the background color option under Project Settings/Presentation Style to No Change or to a specific color from the drop-down menu. Alternatively, selecting Clear All (None) will remove/disable the background.. Its main purpose is to preserve the background color from traditional subtitling formats like PAC, EBU STL and 890 when delivering to the more and more used Timed-Text based files.
With the option activated the background color will be automatically exported to TTML1&TTML2, IMSC 1&IMSC 1.1, EBU-TT, SMPTE-TT Subtitles, WebVTT, PAC, 890 and EBU STL (TTX lvl1, TTX lvl2) as well as all image-based exports.
- New DVB export option creating FFMPEG compatible (MPEG-TS) subtitles is available.
- Watch Folder - There's a new Warnings column in WF's GUI to indicate that a warning has been raised during conversion.
- Watch Folder - There's a new option for ...on Job Done events enabling e-mail notifications to be sent only when the conversion completed with warning.
- There is a new Character Code Table compatibility option added for Teletext projects that enables you easily spot unsupported by EBU STL characters right in the main editor. The Character Code Table options 1:1 represent the characters supported for each one of them according to EBU TECH 3264.
- New Fix Subtitles option is available allowing to change position of all raised subtitles to Top.
- Option to add write full path to image files is available for the DaVinci Resolve compliant .fcpxml image-based export.
- Disney IMSC 1.1 now shows warning if the bouten symbols used in the file are not the approved Filled Dot (U+2022) symbol.
- Bug Fixes
- EZConvert 6.2.1 includes large number of minor issues and bug fixes, including those reported since EZConvert 6.1.10 has been released.